In our eyes, increased productivity leads to an overall happier life. We all know the feeling when you get to the end of the day and have only accomplished half the items on your to-do list. You leave work feeling discouraged, tired, and let’s be real, not very happy. To make that a thing of the past, we put together a list of easy ways to help you work smarter not harder.
- Avoid multitasking – We hear time and time again how multitasking makes it difficult for our brain to process information. Try focusing on one project at a time so you can more effectively complete the task at hand. That way you can give all of your attention to making the one project the best it can be.
- Wear Blue Light filtering glasses – Eliminating screen-induced eye strain, blurry vision, or headaches is a quick way to heighten productivity. Felix Gray’s Blue Light blocking and anti glare glasses reduce stress on your eyes allowing you to work more productively
- Use the 20/20/20 rule – If you forget to wear your glasses that filter blue light the 20/20/20 rule can also help reduce eye strain. It simply means every 20 minutes, look away from your screen and stare at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. This can help to reduce strain on your eyes and make you feel overall better so you can focus on your work.
- Stay hydrated – Now, we all know how strong water intake helps our physical health. However, you might not realize it, but staying hydrated impacts your brain and helps improve concentration and cognition. Drinking water is an important and easy way to increase productivity.
- Use a proper work station – Whether you use a good chair with posture support or opt for a standing desk to help reduce stress, make sure you’re setting yourself up for success with a good desk setup. You do your best work when you feel comfortable and at ease.
- Turn off notifications – We all know how distracting it can be to have your phone constantly lighting up next to you while you’re trying to finish an important project. It is hard to disconnect for elongated periods of time because we are so used to checking in constantly. To resist the urge to check every new notification, try turning off notifications or turning your phone on silent when you’re working on completing a big project.
- Get a good night sleep – While we might hate to admit it…. everything starts with a good night’s sleep. Feeling rested is an important step in increasing your productivity so you can start the day feeling energized and ready to go. To fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer, check out Felix Gray’s sleep glasses that filter Blue Light and help increase melatonin levels.
Productivity is key to a good day at work. All of these tips used alone or together can make your day much more productive which, in turn, will leave you feeling happier and ready for whatever comes your way!